- Death toll: The novel coronavirus has killed at least 2,800 people worldwide, the vast majority in mainland China.
- Global spread: There have been more than 83,000 global cases, with infections in every continent except Antarctica.
- Markets plunge: Stock markets tumbled across Asia after US stocks again sold off sharply over coronavirus fears. The Dow closed down 1,191 points, or 4.4% — the worst one-day point drop in history.
- South Korea spike: South Korea has the biggest outbreak outside China, with 2,337 cases.
- Italy outbreak: At least 11 European countries now have confirmed cases of coronavirus, many of which have been traced to Italy. CNN